Skip to Content
New information following the change in COVID-19 alert levels. massey.ac.nz/coronavirus
Sponsorship of the award will be on the basis set out below:
1. The award shall be known as the "CPA Australia prize for most outstanding 3rd year student majoring in Accountancy"
2. The prize will have the value of $1,000 and will be paid in one instalment in April.
3. The award will be based on:
a. Academic achievement in the third year, across a minimum of four subjects relevant to a career path as a CPA Australia (including 300 level accounting).
b. Submissions by nominated students (and referees where appropriate), which will enable the selection committee to assess the student’s contribution to the university and broader community, communication skills and generally provide an impression as to whether the student concerned has a balanced, well rounded set of interests. Overall, the submission should describe what makes the nominated student outstanding and hence a deserving recipient;
c. The aim of the prize is to assist students who will be contributing in the future to the NZ and international accounting environment.
4. Eligible students should be nominated by the Head of the Massey University School of Accountancy (Head of School).
5. In order to be eligible, students must be enrolled for study in the BAcc or BBus Accountancy programmes both of which are accredited by CPA Australia towards fulfilling their core curriculum requirements.
6. The recipient will be selected initially by the Head of School, followed by consultation/agreement with CPA Australia and CPA Australia may request interview with short-listed candidates, as part of this process.
7. The School of Accountancy shall take appropriate steps to publicise/promote the award an how the recipient is to be determined, such as:
a. Posters in the first week of the year and final week before students go on leave -posters to be supplied by CPA Australia (CPA Australia may use the university logo in this regard, in consultation with Head of School for such posters),
b. Announcements in lectures,
c. Publication in newsletters.
The sponsor reserves the right to amend the conditions of the prize including the amount of the award or cancel the prize without notice.
Page authorised by Head of School, School of Accountancy
Last updated on Thursday 20 July 2017