Skip to Content
The ROAM (Researching Osteoarthritis and Greenshell™ Mussels) Study is looking at the effects of Greenshell™ Mussel (GSM) intake on early signs and symptoms of osteoarthritis, and other health outcomes associated with osteoarthritis including inflammation, inflammatory diets and nutritional and lifestyle risk factors.
We are looking for 320 male and female volunteers to participate in this study. To take part you should:
- Be between 60-74yrs
- Have no history of trauma to knee or hip joints
- Not have a formal diagnosis of osteoarthritis or rheumatoid arthritis by a clinician
- Not regularly taking medications that may affect joint health/pain (e.g. anti-inflammatories)
- Proficient in English (due to the nature of questionnaires)
How do I take part?
- Please read the full information sheet available through the link below.
- If you are still interested please complete the registration form and we will contact you with a further screening questionnaire shortly.
Page authorised by Head of School, School of Food and Nutrition
Last updated on Friday 04 December 2020
Register your interest