Dealing with Harassment at Massey

必威 If you feel you are being harassed by another person at Massey - a staff member or a student - there are a variety of things you can do to about this and a number of people who can support you. Click here to find out if the behaviour you are experiencing is, in fact, classed as harassment. Making the decision to complain about someone who has been harassing you is a brave and positive step.


If you are a student, the first thing to do is to talk with a Harassment Contact Person (HCP). When you do, you can expect confidentiality, a supporting ear and some options about how to resolve the situation. A HCP will discuss with you how the harassment is affecting your life and they can assist you in exploring a range of strategies to approach the person and to request that the behaviour be stopped.

If this does not work, or if such an approach is inappropriate, the HCP will outline the types of University procedures available to resolve a complaint of harassment. One option is for the Regional Harassment Convenor to arrange an informal meeting with all parties, in order to reach a resolution that is acceptable to all.

Another option is to have the complaint mediated by a University Mediator. If these options do not work, or if they are inappropriate, the complaint might be dealt with by the most appropriate University procedures (eg Academic Grievance Procedures, Student Disciplinary Procedures, Halls Disciplinary Procedures).

Click here for the procedures available to resolve a complaint of harassment.


If you are a member of staff, you can also approach one of the HCPs but should click here for further information.

Massey Contact Centre Mon - Fri 8:30am to 4:30pm 0800 MASSEY (+64 6 350 5701) TXT 5222 Web chat Staff Alumni News Māori @ Massey